Re: Soft Float is not being reported

On 2004-06-24 at 20:34:10 Daniel Kegel wrote:

> BTW my policy on patches in crosstool is that they have
> to be suitable for submission to gcc mainline.  Thus
> I can't include any patches that change gcc to default to softfloat.

Of course, this is very reasonable.  This is the default that the gcc
maintainers have chosen; I think I've read somewhere that a lot of
prepackaged ARM Linux distributions also use this float format, so
changing it could be quite disruptive.

For most people, using an ARM kernel with an emulator will hopefully
be good enough.  In my particular situation though, I simply knew that
I would build everything from scratch, for a machine without FPU
hardware, so that was why I made a softfloat-by-default patch.