Re: Soft Float is not being reported

Dimitry Andric wrote:
Okay, since you built the toolkit yourself, it is very probable that
your glibc is also built with FPA hardfloat, so the following might
not actually help; but as a quick hack, you can try to edit the file:

/opt/crosstool2/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/3.3.3/specs

and replace the line:

%{msoft-float:-lfloat} -lgcc

with:

-lgcc

It may be better to rebuild your toolkit using softfloat as default,
though.  Try replacing the softfloat patch in crosstool's
patches/gcc-3.3.3 directory with this one:

http://www.andric.com/cross/patches/gcc-3.3.2-arm-softfloat.patch.bz2

(Should apply to gcc 3.3.3 sources too, I hope)

BTW my policy on patches in crosstool is that they have to be suitable for submission to gcc mainline. Thus I can't include any patches that change gcc to default to softfloat.

You're free to use any patches you like, of course; I just
won't ship any with crosstool that make it differ significantly
from vanilla gcc (beyond bugfixes and the occasional feature
addition like softfloat...)

- Dan