RE: How to build a uclibc toolchain with crosstool (was:Questiontoyou from a newbie)

Le ven 18/06/2004 à 18:19, Dan Strohschein a écrit :
> I think where I am most stupefied is the process of creating the build
> environment. Let me see if I have this straight:
>
> 1. Download and compile Crosstool-0.27
> 2. Download and compile with the Mips-enabled gcc uClibc

Well, I would put it like this:

1. Download and use crosstool to compile a toolchain (modifying
demo-mipsel.sh and creating a .dat file accordingly to one of my
previous emails).
2. Download the wrt54g.2.02.7.tgz tarball from linksys, uncompress it,
then:
$ cd WRT54G/tools-src/uClibc/
$ export PATH=$PATH:/opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-linux/bin
$ make menuconfig
(probably leave it like it is the first time, you'll tune it when you
know what you're doing)
$ make
$ su
# make install

> 3. Download and compile glib-1.2.10 (required for NoCatSplash, which I am
> trying to build) specifying the uClibc library and with the MIPS-enabled gcc

That step I have been trying to do since I received your mail, but it
looks like cross-compiling glib-1.2 is a real pain in the ass. If
anybody on the list has any experience doing that, I'd be happy to hear
about it. The configure script uses a lot of AC_TRY_RUN macros that
makes it impossible to configure it for cross-compilation, and the few
examples I have found on the WWW did not help much.

> Is this correct? It seems like a major pain in the butt to just create this
> build environment. Plus I am not very familiar with editing configuration
> scripts or make files to use the special environment.  I did read your
> previous comments, but they aren't noobie enough LOL I am REALLY new to this
> whole process. Is there a place you can recommend I go for further
> information geared towards newbies?

That may be answered better by people on the list...

Hope this helps,

--
Alain Perry