Re: toolchain requirements submission

Marius Groeger wrote:
FWIW, I can provide big-endian (BE) patches for binutils 2.14 and gcc
3.2.3 which I believe should work, but which I could never test due to
lack of HW. I'd gladly provide them to anyone interested and would
like to get any feedback on them.

The patches aim at getting a toolchain which _defaults_ to BE, rather
than the standard one which merely is _capable_ of generating BE by
throwing some commandline switches.

If the patches are suitable for mainline use, i.e. if they only set BE mode if you ask for it by target name at configuration time, then I'd like to include them in crosstool.

PS. Before someone reminds me: I _am_ aware of gcc 3.2.3's
deficiencies on ARM, and I have already collected and applied the
fixes neccessary. :-)

Is your collection online somewhere? - Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com