Re: uclibc configuration

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 05:21:45PM -0500, Mark Beckwith wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 11:36:08AM -0700, Carl Miller wrote:
> >
> > Yep.  I'm in the chaos of my last week at this employer, and my final
> > task is to make a nice crosstool-based uClibc toolchain build system.
> > I'm at the point where I could give you some pre-alpha quality patches
> > that would be under heavy development, but might be good enough to work.
> > Or you could wait a few days until I make a more formal release that I
> > have some confidence in.
>     .
>     .
>     .
>

> Carl,
>
> I'd be more than happy to wait for your more formal release.  I appreciate
> your help.  The reason I was using such an old compiler (2.95) was because
> 3.2.3 didn't seem to work with arm (or so I read and it seemed to be true).

Yeah, the late 3.3.x series is much better with ARM.  Give 3.3.3 a try.

> Thanks, and I look forward to your post,

Make sure you're subscribed to the mailing list; it should be coming
soon!  I'll be testing out two target architectures:

PowerPC-405, C and C++, shared library support
ARM7TDMI, C and C++, no shared library support

because those are the two toolchains my employer needs.  I've currently
got the ppc405 toolchain building to the point where testhello.sh
succeeds on C shared and static, and on C++ static, but not shared.
So I'm hoping that means most of the obstacles are behind me.

                            -----Carl