Re: i686-pc-mingw32 -> i686-pc-linux-gnu limited success

From: "E. Weddington" <eric@ecentral.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 11:03 AM
> Please note that the other major problem that you probably will run into
has to
> do with fixincl. Again, it's the same problem, fixincl has POSIX calls
which
> don't build for host=mingw32. Depending on which target you're building
for you
> may not even need to run fixincl. There is no standard solution for this
yet.

I've gotten closer, but still not there yet. I installed cygwin and used it
to build the glibc headers. I set up some symlinks so that I could refer to
everything using the same paths under both cygwin and msys. Had to use
cygwin 1.5.8-1 because there's a bug with 1.5.9-1 crashing when make
recurses too deep.
(http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-03/msg01006.html)
^ thanks again Dan, you've done a lot of work so I don't have to.

After that, building the gcc core went without a hitch under the msys/mingw
environment. The new place I'm hung up is building glibc. It's just some
silly problem with paths not translating properly. I've got to do some more
inspection to figure out the problem. At this step now, if I configure under
cygwin, I get an error about the linux version. Configure/gcc can't find
linux/version.h, even though I've used --with-headers. Configure seems to
work under msys, but subsequently make fails under either environment.

Anyway, it looks hopeful.

- Eric