Arm cross compiler - problems

 Hi all

 Iam using arm-linux-gcc cross compiler with
 simplescalar configured for arm processor in my
 project.
 my test program is test.c which is

 int main
 {
 return 0;
 }

 and i compiled it as
 arm-linux-gcc -o test.arm test.c

 The size of the test.arm file is 949567 bytes. when
 execute the test.arm file in simplescalar as
 "sim-outorder test.arm", its statistics shows that
 the
 number of instructions in the test.arm file is
 19747.
 "sim: ** simulation statistics **
 sim_num_insn  19747 # total number of instructions
 committed"

 I would like to know the following

 1. why is the code bloating happening here???

 2. The problem may be that the arm-linux-gcc loads
 all
 its libraries in the output binary file. so is there
 any option to compile a program with arm cross
 compiler without loading all the libraries???

 3. I downloaded all the cross compiler components
 from

 http://www.simplescalar.com/v4test.html
 "simplescalar arm cross compiler kit"..
 so is there any better version or compiler kit
 available for arm??

 I would really appreciate any help in this regard.

 regards
 kripashankar