some crossgcc-mipsel RPMs

Hola all -- new to the list and crosscompiling in general, go easy on me. :)

I've used Dan's excellent crosstools package and made a few enhancements to the bundled SPEC for mipsel, and published a couple of targeted RPMS for my environment:

ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp.falsehope.net/home/tengel/crossgcc-mipsel/

I'm interested in feedback specifically on three things (but all feedback greatly accepted). You can get at the spec and a bootstrap shellscript directly from the core server (but please use pbone for RPMs, saves limited bandwidth) here:

ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/tengel/crossgcc-mipsel/

My concerns:

- can you build glibc/gcc into a "non real" location (ie /var/tmp/), but then simply pick up the results and parent it into /usr? I'm keenly interested in this building into a true non-root status instead of the small hack necessary.

- any enhancements/changes/major screwups to the bootstrap file? (mipsel-gcc_3.2.3-glibc_2.2.5.sh) -- the idea is that as a developer, you just source it before building and it sets up stuff for your needs. Seems to work for basic compiling, but automake is not worked on yet.

- any other files that can be eliminated from the final binary package to save even more space? (libiberty.a eg?)

thanks!
-te

--
Troy Engel