Re: missing crt1.o

Thanks for your quick reply!

Hmm... I don't see a nice solution to my problem yet... Is there a way to
create these startup binaries without actually installing a prebuilt C
library beforehand? I'm guessing no...

So if I can't build the library without a built library, where should I start
looking? The FSF doesn't provide binaries, fafaik, so does it matter from
which distro I pick them? and does the version matter?
- don't answer, unless it's not "no, no" ;)

Sigh... how much of the library do I need actually? Is it just the files
crt?.o that are needed for glibc itself? Would it be possible to create a
stripped-down binary version "just for building glibc"? Or would that include
just about the whole library?

I have seen several comments on this list like "don't try it the hard way", or
"no need to reinvent the wheel"; I'm well aware of that. If I would be
running a production environment, and I would be facing deadlines, I would be
using binaries. However, having an actual up and working system is not my
goal. It's nice to work toward something fruitful, but I'm much more
interested in how to get there (in this case: using as little prebuilt items
as possible).

btw, I'm not running anything on my sparc right now... I actually fancied the
sparc for my big crossgcc-lfs-do-it-myself project. I believe it has NetBSD
installed right now, haven't given it much attention yet.

Thanks again,
Arno