Re: Debugging the gcc compiler using gdb

Surupa Biswas wrote:
I am trying to debug the gcc 3.2 compiler for mcore under gdb 5.2.1-2mdk (on Mandrake 9.1). I want to set breakpoints on some functions inside a particular file that I have written and integrated into the compiler.
I run gdb gcc-mcore
when I type break my_func, it says function not defined.
So, I do add-symbol-file my_file and now if I type break my_func, it says error accessing memory at adress xyz (I have verified by looking at the object dump that the address does correspond to my_func)

How do I run gcc-mcore and have breakpoints inside my_file ?

I dunno, but I know that fairly often I have to set a breakpoint on main, run, stop at main, and *then* set breakpoints on what I care about. That way more symbol tables are loaded... - Dan