Re: RedBoot? (ARM newlib build)

Hello again,

Toralf:

Actually, arm-elf newlib assumes ARM's toolchain (esp. the Angel monitor/debugger), which works using SWIs. The following procedure, which I excerpted from one of my training manuals (and I think it's on my website somewhere), rebuilds newlib without SWIs. Please pardon the reformatting, it looks much better in PDF. :^)

Ah. Yes. Now I see. I got confused by the fact that I have redboot-crt0.o, redboot.ld etc. Those are from libgloss, though, not newlib/libc. I'm now building with the attached patch applied...

I turns out that I still get "swi" based read() and write() when doing this. I suspect that some portions of the source code will assume one of the monitors even when none of the flags are specified. Do you happen to know more about this?

- Toralf