Re: arm-elf-as dependency generation

Doug Evans wrote:

I'm curious why you've decided to not try using the newer gcc
dependency generation features (as outlined in a previous message
of mine).

Sorry, I'm waaaay too young for my memory to be this bad. That solution is what I've come around to anyway (see my second message in this thread. Pardon my bad-memory-induced spam.

The newer features of gcc obviate the need for much of the
complication present in "the old newer way" (so to speak).

I noticed that the sed script that he uses for post-processing the dependency files results in wierd output. What was that supposed to do in the first place? It almost looks like its trying to be the equivalent of -MP, but I don't quite understand why I'd want -MP in the first place...

--
Bryce Schober
Design Engineer

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by digiposs.com]