Re: JTAG Pod?

Excerpted from Bill Gatliff's comments:
Oh, and the BDI2000 doesn't care what my host workstation is, as long as it's running plain vanilla gdb. No modules, no proxy libraries, no futzing around at all.

Well, not completely true. Your workstation must be running a TFTP server so the BDI2000 can read its configuration file when it boots. The s/w distribution came with a server for NT. I was running on Linux and it took a little "futzing around" to get the Linux distribution server installed and running properly.

Our target is an ARM7. I've got an EPI Jeeni, and have used a borrowed BDI2000 on a very limited basis. My impressions: The BDI is more of a pain to set up, but seems more flexible and configurable after you climb the curve. Both work great with gdb, and you can't complain about the ethernet download speeds. At ~$1500 for the Jeeni vs. ~$2400 for the BDI2000, the Jeeni seems like the better deal if you are targeting ARM.

I've heard that the Jeeni has problems with some of the newer ARM cores (like ARM9). No experience there.

My $0.02.

MKE