Re: aligning my embedded Linux efforts with emdebian

Francesco Paolo Lovergine wrote:
May I suggest having a look at http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/ ?
It downloads and builds gcc, binutils, and glibc -- and then
tests them!  I'd be more than happy to have it get more real-world
use; right now it's only well tested for sh4, ppc405, and ppc750.  ...
My crosstool scripts support gcc-2.9x through gcc-3.3
and glibc-2.2.3 through glibc-3.3.
Also, Hollabaugh's scripts don't run the binutils, gcc, or glibc
regression tests; mine do.  You can see my regression results
at http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/current/summaries/
This was a bit of a trick; took me a month to work out and
document how to run those tests remotely.

That's interesting, do you plan a debian packaging for all that?

Yes. I plan to target RPM, .deb, and .lsb. (I'd prefer to just target .lsb, and will probably use alien to convert the .lsb's to .deb, if that's how Debian likes to install .lsb's.) - Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com