RE: Cross Compiler linux->Win32

This is what I have tried so far:

*) Choose binutils and gcc that do not require a patch, I guess:

Binutils 2.14 and gcc 3.2.3

*) Changed the --target to "i586-pc-winnt" instead of "i686-pc-winnt".

Results:

*) The switch between "iX86-pc-winnt" and "iX86-pc-win32" is still required
to configure.

*) When making: drectve_section still is missing. I do not know where this
function is implemented. Commented them out from gcc/config/i386/winnt.c.

*) Making fails a lot later: in libgcc2.c. It can not find limits.h. The gcc
sources are using the pragma "include_next". The /usr/include/limits.h
states that "We don't have #include_next".

Could this be the problem?

I am using gcc 2.96, the one that comes with RH 7.3. Should I upgrade to gcc
3.2.3 (native)?