Re: arm-elf-gcc/arm-elf/ld images with Lauterbach Trace-32 emulator- file loading problem - SOLVED

Hello,

This was a software issue with Lauterbach. If you encounter the same problem, you may need an upgrade. Symbol loading now works (at least with DWARF2).

Sorry for the noise.

Regards,

Vincent

Vincent Rubiolo wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone been using Lauterbach emulators along with GNU tools?

I currently have problems with loading images generated by arm-elf-gcc/arm-elf-ld in the Trace-32 device.
I compiled a simple "hello world" program to check whether symbol/debug information was available.

Since this did not work and thought at first it was a problem with debug symbols, I tried different formats (stabs and dwarf2), with gdb specific information disabled.

However, the file cannot even load into the emulator so I think it is more a problem of section layout. I tried my own linker script along with ld default script for arm-elf-targets. None of them generated images that I could load in the emulator.

I must also mention that I tried /GNU, /DWARF and /STABS flags as well. No help.

The only message that the trace-32 is spitting out is:
"Error: entry near offset 89831. in file my_file (use DUMP)"
I could not get anything useful with the DUMP command as well.

Could anybody help me?

Thanks for your consideration,

Vincent