Re: Interpreting gcc-3.3 "make check" results

Doug Evans wrote:
Ken Rose writes:

> > > -k is a new one for me. When did it appear?
> > It's used in e.g. contrib/regression/btest-gcc.sh
> > Oh, right, make. I was thinking of runtest.
> > Still, it shouldn't bail if a testcase fails, just if runtest fails,
> that is, exits abnormally. I've had test runs produce thousands of
> failures, and then "make check" goes on and tests the next compiler
> anyway.

I think by "first failure" Dan meant the first runtest failed
(and by failure here I mean of course "non-zero exit code").

i.e. suppose you did a make check in a binutils release
and both ld and gas have testsuite failures (and for the sake of
discussion suppose gas gets tested first).
"make check" will run the gas testsuite but not the ld testsuite.
"make -k check" will run both testsuites (plus all the others
in the release of course).

Yes, I was writing imprecisely. I used make's -k flag to avoid aborting after "make check-gcc" even though I still wanted to do "make check-target-libstdc++-v3". Or something like that. Sorry for the very public confusion.

Anyway, I'm happily on to figuring out why dejagnu isn't finding standard.exp
for me (see the dejagnu mailing list...)
- Dan

-- Dan Kegel http://www.kegel.com http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=78045