arm-wince-pe: output problem w/GCC 3.2

Hello all:

We are determined to get a cross-compiler for arm-wince-pe working
on RedHat 7.1.  Some progress has been made in this direction.  We now
have builds of binutils-2.13 and gcc-3.2 that create running binaries.
However the results are "not quite there yet"...

What I have been able to show is "working" is only this:  If
I compile a module w/GCC w/o any text strings that does a few simple
things, I can call the functions in this module from a main()
built w/EVC (and linked w/EVC) and the functions in my GCC-compiled
module will work on my Windows CE 3.0 target.  Thus, my cross-compiled
GCC DOES work on some level.  But anything more involved than this fails.

For example, if I compile and link the following mind-numbingly simple
program:

#include <windef.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

  FILE *fp;

  fp = fopen("/temp/foo", "wb");
  fclose(fp);

  printf("Hello, ");
  printf("World\n");

  getchar();
  return(0);
}

and run it on the target, "nothing" happens.  Presumably the startup code
or something else is wrong, but I am unsure what I should do next.  Any
help from the experts with this would be VASTLY appreciated.

A question:  *SHOULD* this work?  Or am I in "not a supported configuration"
hell?

TIA,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated