weak attribute

People, hello!

According to the gcc manual 'weak' attribute is used for "defining library functions which can be overridden in user code". However, functions whose implementation is provided in user code should be used regardless of the attribute of the corresponding library function...

The problem I am having is that there are two implementations of __builtin_vec_new and __builtin_vec_delete one is in gcclib and the other is in the user library I provide. The implementations in gcclib have 'weak'(W) attribute, whereas implementations in user library have normal attribute (T).

What order does the linker searches the libraries? Does it pull in the first implementaton it finds, or does it search all the available libraries?

Thanks for the information.