Re: processor type defines: __PPC403__, __PPC750__ would be nice?

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Or am I right in thinking that the symbols
> > __PPC403__ and __PPC750__ should be added to the specs file
> > for gcc on those platforms to make processor type detection
> > a little more similar in the ppc world to how it's done elsewhere?
> Yes, the specs files would be appropriate, but ..
>
> .. the specs file is generated from gcc's sources
> (In the ppc case from gcc/config/rs6000/*).
>
> I.e. the "clean" approach would be to patch gcc ...
> Yep, but all this is gcc-configuration dependent, esp. from all gcc
> configurations, the PPC403 and PPC750 defines are only provided for
> VxWorks (cf. gcc/config/sysv4.h), which lets me assume you to use
> VxWorks

Nope, I'm using Linux.  I'd like to see these definitions
provided regardless of OS, though.

I suppose my next move is to post a gcc patch to
the linux-ppc mailing list, and see if I can get people there
interested in advocating it.  The patch would probably be to
rs6000/sysv4.h, and would add -D__PPC750__ etc to CPP_CPU_SPEC,
unless I'm confused.
- Dan