Re: gcc-2.95.3 for powerpc-linux

Kai,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Actually before starting building the
cross compiler, I read several HOWTOs but no one mentioned that the
prefixes for gcc and glibc are different. Unfornately the current
CrossGCC FAQ still doesn't explain the problem clearly. Why don't you
write a FAQ? :)

I noticed some things which might be problems. After the bootstrap gcc
is installed, I found two programs (cpp and gcov) don't have the prefix
(powerpc-linux-) no matter if the --program-prefix is set. Is it a
possible bug of the make files for gcc?

Then the configure process shows that the c-preprocessor used to build
glibc is the native cpp (/lib/cpp). I guess it should be the one
(/opt/xdev/ppc/bin/cpp).

Best regards,

--
Shawn Jin