translation tree to rtl

hi,there!
  i am trying to port gcc to a new architecture. i had read the "using and
porting gcc"and i need more detail information about tree in order to grasp

how gcc generates RTL from Tree. But the trees section isn't in the
document. Whether you can help me or tell me where i can get the detail
document about trees?
  thanks a lot!!
  :)
                                                   Shirley