Re: mips-elf executables lack debug information

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:25:00PM -0600, David Phillips wrote:

> My link control file is plain vanilla:
>
> SECTIONS {
>  .text : ( * (.text) }
>  .data { * (.data) }
>  .bss ( * (.bss) }
> }
>
> It doesn't matter if I use this one or the default link control file.

you need to tell the linker where to put the debugging information.  in
the script above it is omitted, so it's getting discarded.

try (something similar to) the following:

SECTIONS {
	.text : { * (.text) }
	.data : { * (.data) }
	.bss  : { * (.bss) }

	.stab 0 (NOLOAD) : { * (.stab) }
	.stabstr 0 (NOLOAD) : { * (.stabstr) }
}

--
  Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron@frye.com
     "In a few thousand years people will be scratching their heads