Re: GNUpro vs GCC

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:38:01 +0200
Vermeulen Jan <Jan.Vermeulen@siemens.atea.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got a small question...
> Recently I have downloaded the GNUpro toolkit for XScale processor from the
> Intel Devellopers website.
>
> With gcc I also made an xscale-elf crosscompiler and i got the same binaries
> as those in the package that i downloaded.
>
> I am just wondering what is so different about GNUpro in respect to our GCC
> ?

 The GNUPro-sources used to include more supported CPUs, more support for some
processor variations, more features like 'initialization prioritization' for
C++-constructors, more supported targets like 'mips64vr4100/4300/5000/5400-elf'
etc.  And of course better docs and support (after paying for it).

 Currently one easily sees the Mitsubishi 'd10v' CPU-support being missing in
the gcc-3.0, while the fr30 and d30v support was added there from GNUPro after
gcc-2.95.x.  The now obsolete 'h8500' and 'z8k' CPUs were once supported in
GNUPro, but the support never visited in GCC...

Cheers, Kai