RE: What's the error?

  Something went wrong during the configuration process and an empty
or corrupted makefile was created in the
<build dir>/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/libiberty directory.  If you work
backwards through the output from your build process, starting at the
error you showed us, you should find something like "Configuring in
sparc-sun-solaris2.6/libiberty", followed by some output that shows what
happened and what went wrong.  You might well find a line like
"Testing if the compiler works.... no" or similar.

  Is there a config.log file in the sparc-sun-solaris2.6/libiberty
directory ?  If so, that would show what went wrong; otherwise you would
have to reconfigure gcc, adding the '-v' flag to the configure command
options, and run the build again, to get a config.log file written.

  You said you had copied the libc.a libm.a and libC.a files to the $prefix
directory.  Did you mean that?  They should be in $prefix/lib, otherwise
the cross compiler won't find them and will fail to build an executable,
which might well be the stage at which the configuration of target libiberty
gave up.

        DaveK
--
we are not seats or eyeballs or end users or consumers.
we are human beings - and our reach exceeds your grasp.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com