re: AIX Host -> PowerPC Linux

I'm attempting to build a gcc cross-compiler hosted on AIX and
targeted to LinuxPPC (installed on an iMac).

Everything looks very straight forward.  The process I am using I got
from Bill Gatliff's site (http://crossgcc.billgatliff.com) where he
outlines how to build a cross-compiler for an embedded target.  In
this process, you first build binutils (which built fine for me).
Then, you build a "gcc-core" (which also built fine for me).  Then,
you use this little gcc cross-compiler to build glibc.  And finally,
you rebuild a full gcc cross-compiler using the libs you built with
the little gcc cross-compiler.

Unfortunately, glibc isn't building very well for me.  I've had to
edit some files that had preprocessing errors to get the build to
succeed (I haven't gotten all the way through this yet, though).

Anyway, my question to the group is:

Since I already have a complete LinuxPPC environment including a gcc
and all it's libraries sitting on the iMac and this is the platform I
want to build a gcc cross for (so I can build complete binaries on
AIX and just ftp them to the iMac), shouldn't I be able to just copy
all these libraries/include files into my cross on AIX and not have
to rebuild anything (especially the glibc that I'm having problems
building now)?

Can someone indicate what files/directories I should copy from
LinuxPPC into my gcc cross on AIX to do this and where I should put
them on AIX?

Thanks for any help...  I just want to give this a try before I turn
to hiring a consultant to do it for me.

Kevin