Re: Updated build-crossgcc.sh, and a very preliminary FAQ

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Stephen Smith wrote:

> Since I rejoined this list, a thought might be in order.  At the bottom
> of all these emails is a pointer to the OLD FAQ.  Could it be replaced
> to point to the one under discussion  which is far newer.
>
> > Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

I too have just joined the list, as someday soon I will start
looking for ideas to support TI's MSP430 processor.

The old FAQ mentioned above as many links
that are dead

section 1.3 mentions Elijah Laboratories
  http://www.elilabs.com/xgccarc/index.html.

Section 4.7 Win32 hosted cross-compilers
  ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32.

Section 4.8 How do I create a cross-compiler for DOS on my Unix/Linux machine ?
  ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2/djcrx202.zip.

Section 7.1 BDM, the link
 to Motorola's site
  http://design-net.com/home/lit_ord.html.
doesn't take you to a page that
allows ordering of literature

Section 8.1 What are S Records?
 http://www.hitex.com/automation/FAQ/m68k

Many of the links to http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro.
could be updated to point into
redhat's tree as re-directs
take you there anyway.

Section 13 Contributors
includes email links, many of which
are out of date

I just discvered the the email address
for Steve Chamberlain, sac@cygnus.com
should be Steve Chamberlain <sac@transmeta.com>

 (He's the one the recomened I come to this list :-)