RE: gen-params problem during make all install of gcc for powerpc -eabi with Solaris host

On 20 Apr 2001, at 9:54, David Korn wrote:

>   [ BTW Jim, you should probably use the mailing list address
> crossgcc@sources.redhat.com rather than the address you're using which is
> crossgcc-owner@sources.redhat.com.  I think that's meant to be an
> administrative address. ]
Got it, Thanks.  I actually noticed that "owner" thing after I sent it.
That's what I get when I send the reply to the "sender" of the email.

> >I kept get a not found error message on errno.h (just like below with
> >newlib) until I added both the --with-headers line and the --with-
> >newlib line.  I also tried it with the soft links first and
> >always got the
> >error message.  After I added both of those, and removed the soft
> >links, this build appears to have built successfully.
>
>   Ah, but newlib doesn't work with Linux!  You need to try again with glibc,
> and pointing at the linux header files with --with-headers.  This probably
> is the reason for the problems you had following the standard procedure.

Thanks for that tidbit about newlib not working!

Okay, I recompiled gcc using --with-headers pointing to the linux
headers.  That seemed to create the cross-compiler okay.  I can't
compile glibc because it says it's currently not available for my
platform.  I tried compiling a test app and it says it can't find
libc.so.6, which I can't find on my system either.  I have the libraries
from the linux box also, but so far that hasn't seemed to help me any.
 I've seen mention about using inhibit_libc, but I'm not sure if that's
what I need or how to implement it if it is.

Any idea on how I should proceed?  (Let me know if you need more
info on my setup.)  Thanks for any help!

-Jim