Re: Multi-architecture installation

David Korn wrote:

> [...]

I know this works well with the RTEMS cross toolsets.  We distribute
RPMs for crosses to about 10 architectures.  They all install into the
same --prefix and there are no conflicts.

One warning would be to avoid giving options like --program-prefix
which change the names of the installed tools.  The default install
names are clear enough.

Another thing to think about is when you might upgrade tools.  Do you
want old and new on-line at the same time?  Do you want old versions
removed?  I used to install into directories with version numbers
in them (gcc-XXX-binutils-XXX-newlib-XXX) or dates so I could easily
purge and/or switch to completely independent toolsets.