Re: AW: Re: CrossCompiling 68030 Code under Windows NT/98

Marco,

If you really don't want the hassle of building your own compiler (it really is
not that bad if you use the script I sent you) and/or you don't want to buy the
commercial version of Cygwin, then use David Fiddes' prebuilt tools for 98/NT.
They were last updated on April 17th 2000 and include the latest binutils, gcc,
and newlib.

See http://www.fiddes.net/coldfire/

His site is mainly devoted to Motorola Coldfire development, but he has builds of
toolsets for other M68K family processors. Just follow the instructions on his
site. I believe they assume the use of the free version of Cygwin, so you don't
have to spend any money that way. I still highly recommend the commercial version
just because all of the nice little standard Unix utilities are already there. The
free version is really missing a lot of stuff.

Chris

marco_frischkorn@commerzbank.com wrote:

> At the moment i'm using a (Commodore) AMIGA 1200 with a 68030 CPU. The
> Source will be compiled later for the following cpu types:
>
> 68020 - 68060, 603 and 604 PPC CPUs
>
> My biggest problem is, that i haven't got any compiler on my windows
> machine and no idea where i can get one WITHOUT compiling one :)
>
> The man-pages are really not very helpfull at this problem. But i
> think, most of the people will use gcc under linux, so it's okay, that
> there is no special part in the docu for this problem.
>
> MfG
> Marco Frischkorn

begin:vcard
n:Bahns;Christopher