Re: Setting up crt0 and libs for arm-unknown-coff

> Thank you again for another helpful response.  The board I am using has
> a loader pulls a coff image into memory and runs it.  The code I will
> write will completely take control of the processor.  To make a clean
> interface with newlib, it sounds like I should write my own SWI handler.
> This way I won't need to make changes to newlib.

Sounds like the best way to do it; at most you may want to map the
particular SWI numbers onto your own preferred system call numbers, but
even that might be best avoided.

> The files in newlib/libc/sys/arm seem to implement the "user" side
> of the interface.  Before I write my own, is there source available
> which implements the "OS" side?  Is there a published interface
> document for this?

It depends on the board that you have.  If I recall correctly, you said it
was an Intel board, so there is a fair chance that it is running something
based on Angel (our debug monitor).  You will have to contact Intel (or
your supplier) to find out what development kits available that support
your board at that level (or you could look at some of the various
RTOSs/kernels that are available).