Re: H8 board with GDB (was something else...)

Syed Raza wrote:

> Hai All
>
> I installed cross compiller and debugger for h8300-hms(for h8/3067h ). I am
> using linux PC as an host to communicate with my Hitachi board (3067h EVDB).
>
> I am  using gcc-2.95.1, gdb-4.18, binutils-2.9, newlib-1.8.2
>
> After following the installation steps the executable files by default is
> placed in /usr/local/bin.
>
> As i am  new in this area, please explain me these things
>
> HOW TO CONNECT with my Hitachi Board by using LINUX  PC as a HOST

 Your Hitachi board needs on it a monitor program which GDB can talk to.
The current HDI-M monitor isn't such, but the older CMON is.  Where to
find one, is then another problem...

 The GNUH8 maillist could serve you a little better with any H8
problems:

GNUH8 Mailing List | If you encounter difficulties using this service
                   | email: listmaster@pcserv.demon.co.uk
                   | http://www.pcserv.demon.co.uk/gnuh8/

 Hai siulle myös...

 Kai All(an)

 PS. You could try to contact Kazu Hirata, who has a prebuilt toolset
for Linux, but please see his(?) webpage first:

   http://www.hdl.co.jp/~kban/h8300-hms/