Re: crossgcc: code wont run from ROM.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Brendan J Simon wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:35:31 +1100
> From: Brendan J Simon <Brendan.Simon@ctam.com.au>
> To: Peter Popov <ppopov@redcreek.com>
> Cc: Cross-GCC <crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com>
> Subject: Re: crossgcc: code wont run from ROM.
>
> Peter Popov wrote:
>
> I 've just had a look at the gcc linker command file and it is a bit
> of a mess.  What sections do I need to copy from ROM to RAM for
> powerpc-eabi format.  The ones that I think are canditdates are
> .rodata, .sdata2 and .data.

In my linker script I put some "address hooks" in .rodata and .sdata and
so far copying only from .rodata to .sdata seems to work ok for my
initialized variables.

> Do I need to copy all or just some of these sections ?
> Are there any others I've missed ?
>
> Brendan Simon.
>

> ------
> Want more information?  See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/

Hans Dulimarta, Ph.D.        dulimart@[egr.msu.edu, computer.org]
                                 http://www.egr.msu.edu/~dulimart
Visiting Research Associate,  Electrical & Computer Engineering
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, (517) 432-7589