Re: Using GAS, any tutorials

Ummm, I chose B.

What got me to this point is I wrote a very simple program in C that
initializes the serial uart and sends the letter T out of the serial
port (at least I hoped it would).  Then I began investigating my output
asm file, my lst file, etc.  The deeper I went the more entangled I
became in the assembly code and all the directives.  Now I am at the
point where it looks like I need to learn the Hitachi SH mnemonics and
the GNU Assembler just to figure out what is going on with my C
program.  Earlier someone posted that I should simply write a simple c
program, the compiler is smarter than me so let it worry about the
assembly language and directives.  Well, done that, didn't get anywhere.
Alas, I find myself deep in the quagmire of the GNU tools.

Oh well, enough whining from me, time to start swimming...in some
direction...

R.Floyd