Re: .elf to .bin (making an image)

> > How do I create an image of an executable suitable for burning into flash?
> > I have a .elf, so a file converter would do.
> Use objcopy from binutils.
Works perfect. thanks

> > Or, is there a way to get an ld script to link the .bin in with a
> > symbol at the start of the dump?
> You can list your .bin as an object on the link line (indicating the input
> object format as binary) and use the linker script to direct it where you want
> it to go.
I'm having trouble making this work.
My command line is...
arm-elf-gcc -nostartfiles -L../at91 -o main.elf main.o flash.o
 -bbinary image.bin -T./start.ld -larch

And the relevant section of the .ld script is...
  .rodata :
  {
    *(.rodata)
    *(.rodata.*)
    *(.gnu.linkonce.r*)
    image = .;
    *.bin(*)
    image_end = .;
  } > rom

I get this error...
main.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
arm-elf-gcc: file path prefix
`/tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib/gcc-lib/binary/2.95.2/' never used
make: *** [main.elf] Error 1

It looks like it's trying to interpret my .o files as binarires (when they
should be elf object files, I think). How do I link the .o files as
object files and the .bin file as a binary?

Thanks,
Shaun