Objective-C runtime

Is anyone out there aware of any available help files whatsoever on the
runtime library for objective-c?  I am looking at porting this to our
embedded environment, but I can't really tell what the scope of the task is
at this point.  I have not yet found even a description of (or listing for)
the function api of the library.  Any help, no matter how trivial, is
greatly appreciated.  Thanks!