powerpc-eabi-gcc compatible with Diab-Data CC ?

Title: powerpc-eabi-gcc compatible with Diab-Data CC ?

Hi,

I'm interested in using a powerpc-eabi-gcc
with object files produced by the Diab-Data CC
on a MPC555 platform.

Does anybody know if that's possible?

If so, what command line options do I need to
supply to GCC?

I found I 1997 post to this list in which
someone seems to indicate that he's done that.

(looking at the .s output of my powerpc-eabi-gcc,
it doesn't seem to use registers R2 and R13 to
access sections .sdata and .sbss like the Diab
compiler does.....doesn't look very compatible
to me.....)

Anybody?

Christian M. Netter
Associate Research Engineer