Re: math library for ARM?

Bill Su wrote:

> Now I have a problem on floating library.  I use newlib from Cygnus.
> However, it's very slow on whetstone and my project is timing
> critical on floating point performance.  Is there any better
> floating library?

Probably. But if you are using the most recent releases of newlib, you may
want to try configuring it with --enable-newlib-hw-fp. This may be at the
expense of some accuracy however.

> I saw the libm in NetBSD/OpenBSD comes from
> SunPro.  Is it better?  Where can I get the archive?  Thanks.

newlib's libm is also based on the "fdlibm" package from Sun. So there is
unlikely to be much difference unless BSD folks have made substantial local
improvements of their own.

Jifl
--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...