Re: Stub side of agent expressions?

[this is really a GDB question, not a GCC question:
 replies redirected appropriately]

> Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 13:52:33 -0500
> From: William Gatliff <gatliff@haulpak.com>
> To: crossgcc@cygnus.com
> Subject: Stub side of agent expressions?
>
> Guys:
>
> I've review the ax* files in gdb-4.18/gdb, as well as agentexpr.texi.
> I don't exactly have a clue yet, but I'm on the right path, I think.
>
> Is there an example "agent expression enabled" stub, or a library I
> can drag into my own stubs, to actually run the agent expressions
> on the debugging target?

Not yet.  This work was originally done for a customer who
wrote their own [highly non-portable] target-side code, and
didn't release it.

Cygnus is currently working on a portable implementation of
the stub-side code to take advantage of this GDB feature.
In fact, we'll be presenting a talk at the upcoming ESC
conference on this subject, at the end of this month.