[offtopic] EPROM burners under *nix?

I know somebody out there has to be using them...  all the EPROM tools
here at Frye are under DOS, and I'm developing under linux.  We're
currently using 512K 27C240s and 27C4002s.  I can generate S-Record
files without any problems, and haul them over to a DOS box to burn the
EPROMs, but it'd be nice to be able to do it all under linux, or
alternately, NetBSD.

My ideal solution would be an open-source DIY burner that I could throw
together with parts from around the office, and perhaps a CPLD or two.

Eventually the next-generation of our hardware will have BDM support,
but for now I'm stuck with the compile/burn/test cycle.  :)

----
  Aaron J. Grier  |  Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR  |  aaron@frye.com
  "People who are more than casually interested in computers should have
   at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise
   the programs they write will be pretty weird."   --   Donald Knuth