ARM Linux HOST, ARM Vxworks Target.

Hello,

I have a Netwinder which is an ARM processor with Linux.
I want to build a 'cross-compiler' for an ARM7TDMI with
both thumb and ARM code generation.  This would need to
be COFF output with the VxWorks libraries.

Can I just copy the VxWorks libraries from an x86 system
and substitute this for the newlib building?  Or are there
going to be incompatibilities between the libraries.  Ie,
version 2.95.1 of gcc expects a different function for
structure copies, etc.

I don't think that this is really building a cross compiler
as my host and target are sharing the same instruction set,
but different OS's.

I wish to evaluate the code generation improvement over the
2.7.9-970819 compiler.  Would I be more wise to get an egcs
version?

The compiler on the Netwinder is 2.8.1, but I am quite sure
it produces elf output.

If I wish to build a cross compiler for NT with an VxWorks
ARM target would it be better to use an x86 linux or the ARM
linux (or no different)?

tia,
Bill