Re: linux -> sunos4 crossgcc still not building :(

Kai Ruottu wrote:
>  The error messages "parse error before `mbstowcs'" and "parse error before
> `wcstombs'" very clearly say what is wrong -- it doesn't know what the hell
> the 'size_t' means...

Duh, that's what I thought too.  And I *did* do the same things you
describe below...

>  It is defined in 'stddef.h', probably in '<sys/types.h>' etc., but why
> 'stdlib.h' didn't got it defined earlier is a problem for you to track
> and solve... Ok, that was a joke, I help you a little... My 'sparc-sunos4.1'
> <stdlib.h> starts as :
>
> ---------------- clip -----------------
> #ifndef _STDLIB_H
> #define _STDLIB_H
>
> /*      @(#)stdlib.h 1.2 89/10/10 SMI; from include/stdlib.h 1.6 */
>
> #include <sys/stdtypes.h>       /* to get size_t */
> #include <malloc.h>
> ---------------- clip -----------------
>
>  So the <sys/stdtypes.h> should have the 'size_t' definition, just
> as the comment says... You can continue looking at that... My thought
> is that the 'fixincludes' fixed something wrong...

After looking at this and hacking some stuff up, I discovered I'm
looking at the wrong damned files.  I was looking at the headers in
/usr/local/sparc-sun-sunos4/include, whereas I should've been looking in
$builddir/gcc/include.  <SMACK>  Yes, fixincludes seems to have screwed
some things up.  There are multiple instances of

#ifndef SOMETHING
#define SOMETHING
#ifndef SOMETHING
#define SOMETHING

Is this a typical problem?  Or have I possibly found a bug?

And thank you for you time :)

--
   fred anger - anger@triib.com
                http://www.triib.com/anger/