Floatting point operation on PowerPC

Brendan Simon a écrit :

> You need to have specify a linker script and a startup file.  Look at the
> documetation on http://www.objsw.com/download.html.  The example there shows
> how to use the gcc command line for the bcc target.  The "-T bdd.ld"
> specifies that this linker script is to be used.  You can copy on out of the
> ppc subdirectories and rename it to whatever you want.  eg. foo.ld  You also
> need a startup assembler file which will initialize the ROM, RAM and stack.
> Once this is done you can jump to C routines and do the rest of the
> initialization.  The startup file is usually called crt0.S or something
> similar (eg. bcc-crt0.S, bcc-startup.S, ...).  You need to copy one from the
> ppc subdirectory and modify it to suit your target.  It generally uses
> symbols defined in the linker script so they it you will need to understand
> both.  Look at the linker documentation for explanations of the commands.
>
> Brendan Simon.
>
> Olivier DERVYN wrote:
>
> > I have downloaded XGCC from your web site and I want use it
> > to build PowerPC binary.
> > I have installed compiler and tools (xgcc.zip, ppc.zip, ppc-gdb.zip,
> > ppc-1.zip, lsrc180.zip).
> > When I want to build a little program there is several error
> > message as :
> > c:\xgcc\bin/ld.exe: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory
> > (ENOENT)
> > I think my compiler isn't correctly configured.
> >
> > ppc.zip create a sub-tree called ppc\2_8_1\ etc..., What I do with
> > this files ?
> >
> > Can you help me ?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Olivier DERVYN
> >
> > --
> > Cordialement,
> >
> > Olivier DERVYN

> body of the message.

To evaluate GCC perf. as Power PC compiler. I have compiled
following prg :

#define N	10

int main()
{
	float		a;
	float		X[N],Y[N];
	int		cpt, cpt1;
	float		b;

	a = 0.0;

	for( cpt1 = 0; cpt1 < N ; cpt1++ )
	{
		X[cpt1] = 1.0;
		Y[cpt1] = 2.0;
	}

	for( cpt = 0; cpt < N ; cpt++ )
	{
		a += X[cpt] * Y[cpt];
	}

	b = (int)a;

	return b;
}

and with following command line

gcc -b ppc -mcpu=603e -O3 -S test.c

the result doesn't use floatting point inst.

.L10:
	lwzx 3,31,27
	addi 30,30,1
	lwzx 4,31,28
	addi 31,31,4
	bl __mulsf3		--> jump to __mulsf3 routine
	mr 4,3
	mr 3,29
	bl __addsf3
	cmpwi 0,30,9
	mr 29,3
	bc 4,1,.L10

Anybody kwnow this problem ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Olivier DERVYN
begin:vcard
n:DERVYN;Olivier
tel;fax:04 76 52 18 44
tel;work:04 76 52 55 01
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.digigram.com
org:DIGIGRAM;Département R&D
version:2.1
email;internet:dervyn@digigram.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;Parc de Pr=E9 Milliet=0D=0A;Montbonnot;;38330;France
note;quoted-printable:DIGIGRAM=0D=0AParc de Pr=E9 Milliet=0D=0A38330 Montbonnot=0D=0AFRANCE
fn:Olivier DERVYN
end:vcard