Re: Crocc GCC building for H8300H

Jurgis Armanavichius wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Oh no! I can't use linux nor sun. In our firm all the PCs
> have various Windows versions only. I hope exist the
> way to do compilation of GCC under Win9x platform!
> May be this will be more difficult but (I hope) easier
> than installing and learning completely new (for me)
> operating system.
> I'm still seeking any help for building cross compiler
> for H8300H on the Win98 platform.

You probably want to contact Kai Ruottu, check out his web site at
http://www.nettilinja.fi/~ankosken/embtools.htm
There you'll find egcs and other tools for H8 and other processors hosted
under mingwin or cygwin.  I tried a download of H8/300[HS] for win32 and got
"access denied" but try e-mailing kai and he can probably help you out
with downloading and save you A LOT OF WORK.

I have a linux-h8300-howto to build the tools for linux at my site you can
check out in case it has info that may apply also for building h8300 for win32.

http://www.zanshinsys.com/linux-h8300/

I also have a sample minimal application test stub and other info there you might find useful.

--
|\/|
|\/|  rsl@zanshinsys.com http://www.zanshinsys.com