Re: gdb via BDM or Ethernet?

> I haven't tried the BDM support under Cygwin, so I can't comment on
> that. Our next release of the compiler/debugger/newlib will include BDM
> support for CPU32, MPC5xx and MPC8xx targets.  Using this interface, gdb
> reports download speeds of about 110K bits per second on a Pentium host.
> Should be out around the end of the month.

Scott:

are you in the position to unveil details of the debugger/BDM combo?

Which operating systems?
What type of dongle?
Will the driver be GPL'd?
What are the roots for that? Is it an own development?
Is there any relation with the OCD support in gdb4.17 & gdb4.18?

And: Do you need a alpha/beta tester?

(Hmmm, according to the inquiries for PPC aware bdm patches, I have
received, I guess, you will have lots of similar "whats with that" in your
mailbox. Feel free to answer them on the mailing list)

gm
--
Ingenieurbuero Gunter Magin                         magin[AT]skil.camelot.de