RE: Problem building binutils

Hi,

> My host is i686-pc-cygwin32 with Cygwin32 B20.1 under NT4 service
> pack 3.  I'm trying to build binutils 2.9.1 m68k-coff following the
> instructions in section 3.1 of the FAQ.  Configure seemed to complete
> OK, so I tried "make all install", which ran for a while, then died
> with
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../bfd/bfd.h', needed by `dis-
> buf.lo'.  Stop.
> make: *** [all-opcodes] Error 2
>
> This is just after "ranlib libiberty.a" and an echo of the libiberty
> .o files into a file called "required-list".
>
> I searched my directories and, sure enough, I can't find anything
> called bfd.h, although it looks like something configure should have
> generated.
>
> Can anyone tell me what went wrong, and what I can do to fix it?
> Thanks,

I use this configuration also(along with it's close cousin m68k-rtems ;). I
have a fairly complete guide on how to build cross-compilers using Cygwin.
Have a look in the docs section of http://www.calm.hw.ac.uk/davidf/coldfire/

I think that your problems stem from a slightly misconfigured Cygwin setup.

Dave