Re: PPC 750 support?

We are using the egcs-1.1 (and previously gcc-2.7.2) to generate code
for both the 603e and the 740 (which is identical to the 750 except the
missing Level-2 Cache interface) without any processor-model specific
problems for more than one year. In fact, both our hardware (except
the CPU-chip), our operating system and our application software are
completely identical for both chips (we had to change about 5 assembly
statements for handling the new bits in the hardware identification
registers when adding support for the 740; we don't even read the
processor version register).

Johannes Reisinger / Vienna / AUSTRIA         e-mail: hannes@linus.priv.at