Re: GDB: Remote debugging via BDM via gdb/gdbserver.

At 15:39 25/02/99 +1100, Brendan Simon wrote:
>I wish to debug code targeted for a PowerPC embedded target, which is
>compiled with GCC configured as a cross compiler hosted on a Linux box.
	Me too and very much, but...
>I have a Wiggler BDM device which I want to use for debugging.
>Unfortunately it only works with GDB on MSW operating systems via the
>wiggler.dll supplied by the Wiggler manufacturer.
	Yes, no other drivers are not developed yet.
>I was wondering if it was possible to use DDD/GDB on my Linux box to
>communicate with GDB or some GDB server on the MSW machine which inturn
>is connected to my embedded target ???
	Another not bad idea! A few days ago Steven Johnson gave an idea of using
MBX860 as an intermediate box, which will have GDB server to one side and
BDM interface via SPI+GPIO pins to the target side. Are there any
volunteers to try to do this? Wiggler's protocol may be reversed from GDB's
sources.
>Alternatively (and preferably), is there a Linux device driver for the
>Wiggler yet ???
	We can only dream about this today...

Leon Pollak
leonp@plris.com