Re: bug report for binutils-2.9.1 h8300 cross linker

  In message <364D3708.545017C9@elgar.com>you write:
  > package:
  > 	binutils-2.9.1
  >
  > compiled using:
  > 	egcs 1.03, libc.so.6 on Red Hat 5.2 Linux
  >
  > host system:
  > 	i586-pc-linux-gnu
  >
  > target system:
  > 	h8300-hitachi-hms
  >
  > problem:
  > 	linker h8300-hitachi-hms-ld core dumps when
  > 	attempting to link with any archive file.
  >
  > investigated core file with gdb:
  > 	program core dumps after executing line 1252
  > 	in file binutils-2.9.1/bfd/coff-h8300.c
  >
  > function "h8300_bfd_link_add_symbols" in file coff-h8300.c is broken:
Actually, I'm not sure your change is correct.

How/why does an archive file have sections?

ie, that code should never have been executed to begin with because the
enclosing for loop should not have iterated at all for an archive file.

An archive does not have sections as far as I know -- it is mereely a
container for other object files.

jeff