RE: linux->mingw32: xgcc cannot produce executables!

	Dear Colleagues,

	I've tried to build egcs-1.1b as a crosscompiler:
	host = i586-unknown-linux
	target=i586-pc-mingw32
	prefix=$HOME/usr (I have no su priviledges on that box).

	Having completed with cc1, cc1plus, ..., gcc
	it starts to configure libiberty and complains
	that xgcc "doesn't work": "it cannot produce executables".

Furthre investigation reveals that while configuring
target-libiberty it tries to build an executable and
cannot find crt1.o, libmingw32.a and (probably) all
other stuff from native mingw32 installation.
When all these was fed to xgcc, the build process
completed without any complaint and with workable
compiler.

For the case of mingw32 it's not a problem
to have required files. But for a completely new
environment?

> What to do? Should I take libiberty from binutils?
No.

To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to
crossgcc-request@cygnus.com with the text 'help'
(without the quotes) in the body of the message.